I had the same problem with my Intel 82855 chip. Check out this link from Intel

http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-006059-prd955.htm

Click on linux drivers and download and install the .rpm file. The follow the X -configure instructions in the Readme. This should get your desktop back within your screen, but I am still working on figuring out how to get the resolution right. The desktop and program icons and text still look huge to me. Let me know if you figure out something for that.

-john smith

Beavers, Randy W. wrote:

All,

   How do I tell the "Monitor" to change Screen
   Resolution & Refresh Rates? It's stuck at 460x480.

   I'am looking at a big desktop through a little window.
   That I push around with mouse.

Running MandrakeMove on a Dell P4 MM doesn't have drivers for the Intel 82865gG graghics card, but all the Intel drivers
doing the same thing. MM has the right monitor.

Thanks