On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 12:25, frankieh wrote:

<Generous Whack>

It's a slow road to toe, but the tech world is changing. Don't need all
that fancy-dancy marketing if you've got an OS that's solid as a rock...

It would be rather nice if someone somewhere WOULD do some more
marketing of linux - even in a small way. I try my best to market it's
uses to my customers and to those that I end up meeting - every time a
customer comes here to the house they SEE it in action and freak out at
what I can do with it (whilst I'm fixing their Windown machines). I've
spray painted "linux" on the boot of my car, even - and have Redhat
stickers all over the back as well...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
A guy walks into a bar, orders a beer, carries it to the bathroom and
dumps it into a urinal. Over the course of the next few hours, he goes
back to the bar and repeats this sequence -- several times. Finally the
bartender got so curious that he leaned over the bar and asked him what
he was doing. Replied the customer, "Avoiding the middleman."