On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 14:41, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Folks --
>
> I installed Popfile following the excellent instructions given here
> http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/PopFile
>
> The thing is when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1, Popfile is there and won't let me
> use that virtual console. Also, when I shut down the computer, it says
> "killing the display manager [failed].
>
> The last lines of rc.local are as follow
>
> elif [ $SECURE_LEVEL -ge 4 ]; then
>     rm -f /etc/issue /etc/issue.net
> fi
>
> cd /usr/local/bin/popfile; ./popfile.pl
>
> touch /var/lock/subsys/local
>
> I'd appreciate any comment or tip on how I can get it to work properly.
> It seems to me that this configuration is meant to be for all users and
> I'd like to know how I can get it to work just for me as a user.
> TIA

I may be wrong, but did you also set up POPFile to run as a service?  (I
believe the instructions are in the same doc you referenced above.)  I
don't have the POPFile/console problem you report, and am running it as
a service.

--
Chuck Mattsen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / RLU #346519
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Community) for i586 kernel 2.6.3-4mdk