John Wilson wrote:
On March 28, 2004 09:24 am, Bill Winegarden wrote:

Hi,
Your message prompted me to install webmin and give it a try. I used mcc to
install it. Then I ran 'webmin' in a cli. Then I tried to connect and
voila...it worked. Did you run the program before trying to connect?

Regards,
Bill W.

Sigh.

Ya know, I just thought of that. I normally install webmin on the inital install and it's always sorta been there. This time it was an after the fact install.

Me stupid. :-)

thanks anyway, Bill :-)

ttfn

John

Try logging in without the "s" in "https:". It could be that SSL is not activated for webmin because you installed it after your normal install.
Also, do a whereis as root for webmin and once you find the directories it's stored in, see of there's a "setup.sh" script. If so, run the script as root - in a shell, and answer the questions. Make sure you enable SSL for it during the setup.

Lanman