Hi folks,

I tried the acpi feature (nor swsup) hibernation to disk. It look like everything went right down but resuming doesn't work. I read somwhere else, that it only works with less then 1GB RAM. Is that true? (That's probably the reason then, because I have got exactly 1GB). However, if I resume (in lilo.conf automatically resume=/dev/hda8 is set). It fails and causes a reset of the pc. So I booted without resuming (lilo: linux noresume) and removed the resume parameter in lilo.conf by hand. The problem is now:
My swap partition is no longer used as swap. I get a error message like:
swapon /dev/hda8 [failed]

Do I have to format my swap partition to get rid of it? Or is there a acpi command which cleans up a broken hibernation swap file?

/var/log/acpi dosn't tell me something usefull. Is there another logfile, which is important to hibernation, acpi, suspend etc?

Cheers,
Stephanus

p.s.
system: