On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for all the response on my Monitor configuration problems.  I got a lot of
> response and would like to ask a couple more question.
>
> 1.  I will try to run XF86Config or XF86Setup to try to configure my monitor setting
> manually.  However, I don't know how to run them.  After I boot Linux from LILO boot,
> a screen ask me to logon.  Should I log on as root or user?  After that, what do I
> have to type in to run XF86Config or XF86Setup?  At the Linux show, after the
> installation, the computer reboot directly to window interface (Genome).  How can I
> set up like that?

Logon as "root." Also,  you'd be advised to type "linux 3"
at the LILO prompt. This will put you into console mode.
Log in as "root" with the root password and then type
"XF86Setup" Then once you've got X configured, go edit
/etc/inittab and change the line that says
id:3:initdefault: to id:5:initdefault:
        John