I am having problems getting my nic recognized by Linux.  Upon start when
all the devices and whatnot are mounting I get a failed message beside
"Bringing up eth(0)" (or something like that).  I've been to several
websites.  One of them said not to put in any irq's or io addresses, while
another said that you should set the default irq/io to something other that
10/300 as everything gets autoprobed at that address.  I've tried 5/320 as
well as leaving the fields blank.  One solution seems to switching to a
Cabletron (yuck) card, at least it gets recognized by the o/s.

I'm running a P133, 64 mbs of ram, 1.2 gb hard drive Mandrake 6.0 (venus
edition).

As a side note when I had installed the Cabletron card my mouse failed and I
had X loading by default on startup.  Couldn't even do a 3 point crash
(ctrl-alt-del) to shut the server down or stop X and get into text mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Chuck