On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 01:06:10 +0200
Alaa The Great <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:41:10 +0000
> Job Evers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just installed and am using pekwm. I really like the grouped
> > windows feature; a big smile came over my face when I grouped my
> > first windows together.
> >
> > I would like to have a taskbar of some sort though (ala gnome/kde)
> > that lets me see what windows I have open on that desktop.
>
> you can use any ewhm compliant taskbar or panel, this includes Gnome
> and KDE panels, Rox filer, XFCE taskbar etc.

i managed to figure out how to use the gnome-panel ($ gnome-panel did the trick) but
have not been so lucky with finding such commands for KDE of XFCE.

> if you prefer something lightweight to mach pekwm you might want to
> look at hpanel http://freshmeat.net/projects/hpanel/
> you'd better get this patch though
> http://wiki.pekwm.org/index.php/HpanelPatch
>
> if you want more eye candy try pypanel @
> http://pypanel.sourceforge.net/

pypanel is definitely eye candy, thanks for the suggestion.

> > Also I would like to be able to access the mandrake main menu
> > instead of the limited pekwm menu.
>
> ah yes thats one big problem with the Mandrake PekWM package, use this
> menu method script http://wiki.pekwm.org/index.php/MandrakeMenuMethod

I was a fool and installed from source, but regardless this should fix things for me.
If not I'll uninstall my install of pekwm and use the mandrake package.

> > Any advice is most welcome.
>
> get cool dynamic menu scripts :-)

now that I know about them, i most certainly will.

--
Job Evers