Righty-oh - I always have to do things the tough way - so prior to
possibly hosing myself up totally and completely, I've installed MDK
10CE in a VMware virtual machine. Ya know, to get the feel of it all.

OK - so that's a done deal. BUT, however, during the installation, the
bits where it was trying to install XFCE shat itself. Is this normal? Or
is this the "luck of the Irish" as it were - or rather - my luck?

NOT that I really give a hoot, cuz I run XFCE 4.0.4, but it was a tad
bit of a concern....

OTHERWISE, I'm playing. Some "tings" are a bit different and definitely
need to be gotten used to...but hec, I need to learn something new
today.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Friends, n.: People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.
People who know you well, but like you anyway.