On Wednesday 07 April 2004 05:51 pm, Margot wrote:
> brife wrote:
> > During boot the 2.6 kernel tells me that ACPI is disabled because my
> > bios is too old (2000).  It also tells me that I can override this with
> > acpi=force.  Trouble is I don't know what config file this should go in.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
> > Brandon
>
> /etc/lilo.conf in the append line(s) - if you are using lilo.
>
> Margot
to first try it out, when the lilo menu appears durring your boot up, hit
escape key, and type in linux acpi=force, this will boot the default linux
kernel, but with acpi forced enabled, but I would first want to make sure
that my computer used acpi, and not apm instead, if it were me....
--
linux counter #167806