On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:20:29 +1200
David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guys, Gals
>
> Now that the problem of accessing secure pages is sorted out I've
> loaded forture to my machine and wrote the following script: (a
> first for me, and based on what I saw in a simular titled thread
> from last month)
>
> #bin bash
> echo "David Taylor"
> echo "Taranaki, New Zealand"
> echo "on a 100% Linux, Mandrake OS, computer"
> echo "this mails gem:"
> echo "`/usr/games/fortune`"
>
> I've saved this in home/david/bin.
>
> I've directed my client to signature on command output and have
> given it the path of home/david/bin/.signature
>
> It does not generate.
>
> I guess the problem is in my scripting skills, but any help would
> be appreciated in getting them improved upon. You may rewrite it if
> you wish and send it back to me thus giving me a chance to compare
> and learn.
>
> Regards
>
> David

Hey guys,
I'm a newbie scriptor also,
but shouldnt the first line be:

#!/bin/bash

with the path and the ! exclamation point so bash knows that its a
script ?

--------
Registered Linux user #338463 http://counter.li.org/
Linux 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise #1 SMP Thu Feb 19 19:01:51 MST 2004
Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586
QOTD: "I sprinkled some baking powder over a couple of potatoes, but
it didn't work."