Anyone??

Cotton wrote:

I have an AMD64 box with a MSI *K8T Neo-FIS2R* <http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=K8T_Neo-FIS2R>* that has 2 SATA / SATA RAID controllers, the VIA on the 8237 southbridge, as well as the Promise 20378. I have 2 80GB SATA drives that I want striped for performance. Each time in Mandrake 10 64-bit beta setup ( I haven't tried 10CE Final - I want my 64-bitness!!), diskdrake sees each individual drive, instead of the array for some reason, no matter which SATA RAID controller the disks are on. IE, I have a 160GB stripe set up, but diskdrake only sees each individual 80GB drive. The "other" OS I've installed on this box before sees the full 160GB array.

First off, is there any way to get diskdrake to see the array instead of the physical disks?

Now, even though it only sees the single disk, it will still go through and install just fine. I just autoallocate the 80 gigs on 1 disk and it does it's thing. However, on reboot, it just gets stuck with a black screen with blinking cursor in the top left corner, before the bootloader even. Has anyone else had this problem?

FWIW, FC2 Beta 2 for AMD 64 has the same problem not seeing the RAID Array, but after I install on 1 physical disk, it at least boots up no problem. No video or X11, but it boots... (Geforce 5900 video card, btw)

Thanks all,

Cotton
*