Hi,
I have followed this thread and found that mplayer will play wma files.

 mplayer --novideo file.wma

Now I don't know if it will play all .wma files but the free one on Walmart
site plays nicely. I'm exploring the comment early on about Jetaudio being
able to strip the drm protection. Problem is, it's a windows prog and I'm
trying to stay out of that side of my computer.

Regards,
Bill W.