Rory wrote:

What version of LAME are you running? It should be > 3.9X.

What app are you using to encode?

Rory

On Saturday 10 April 2004 5:50 pm, John Wilson wrote:

On April 9, 2004 10:35 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:

I ripped some music off my CDs and encoded it with LAME at 160
kbps(getting ready for when my iPod comes). When I play it on my MDK 10.0
system, it sounds fuzzy and like it was encoded at 16 kbps. When I booted
in Windows and played it, it was fine...almost CD Quality?

Can anyone lend me some tips on sound devices or this kind of problem?

--Marc

A little more information on your machine and setup would be helpful,
Marc. :-)

Also version number and kernel and that sort of thing.

I'm running Mandrake 10.0 CE on a Compaq Presario 2190US, 256 MB RAM. I use KDE 3.2, and Kernel 2.6.3-4.

Here's my sound info:
Vendor: ?Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]

Alternative drivers: ?trident

Bus: ?PCI

Bus identification: ?10b9:5451:103c:2a

Location on the bus: ?0:6:0

Module: ?snd-ali5451

Media class: ?MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO

I use Lame version 3.95MMX. The program I use to rip is Grip, as suggested to me by this list.