Oh, this guy is some piece of work: liar, thief, a whole whack of personality
disorders goin' on here. Check this out:

"After a few introductory questions about how security issues had affected
Microsoft's bottom line and Ballmer personally (his family and friends don't
like browser hijacking and pop-up ads either), I got to the point: Does the
company regret adding any of the product features that have since been exploited
so relentlessly?

In a word, no. "It's all a question of point in time," he explained -- Microsoft
had customers and competitors to attend to, and security wasn't the biggest
priority then.

Take Web browsers, for example. "The browser wars were never about security, the
browser wars were about features," Ballmer said, explaining why Microsoft added
such items to Internet Explorer as ActiveX software to run Windows programs
inside the browser. "I'm not saying that was right, with 20/20 hindsight; all
I'm saying is the competitive marketplace took us all in a certain direction." "

*'All'*?! No, just you Stevie, no one else on the planet thought it was a good
idea to embed insecure applications right into the OS, only MS. And after all
the harm that has been done, the billions of dollars in damage and lost
productivity and waste of bandwidth, well, no apologies, no regrets, just a
'we're workin' on it'.

Link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1019-2004Apr10.html

--