On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 00:35, Pete Doak wrote:
> Hi:
>
> My CD Burner seems to have a problem burning CD's under linux. It's a
> 24x10x40x CD Burner, but under linux it only burns at 1x speed. The spec
> on the cd burner says
>
> Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
> Identifikation : 'LTR-24102B      '
> Revision       : '5S07'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
>
> Under windows it doesn't seem to have any problem burning at speeds up
> to at least 12x.
>
> Anyone have any similar problems or suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Pete

1.) What program ya burning with?
2.) Did you setup the preferences correctly?
3.) What are the contents of your /etc/lilo.conf?
4.) what are the contents of your /etc/fstab

Those, Grasshopper, will help to resolve the issues you have and bring
the truth to light for all to see! (g)

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
A man always remembers his first love with special tenderness, but after
that begins to bunch them. -- Mencken