Hi, I am running Mandrake 10.0 Community and ran into the same problem. I
found a solution that, maybe, can help you as well. I am not familiar with
Mandrake 9.2, but, maybe this can help.

Click Menu->System->Configuration->Configure your computer. You will asked for
the root account password, enter it, and the drakconf window (Mandrake Conrol
Center) will be displayed. Choose 'Security' and then 'Levels and Checks'.
You will be met with a window that has some tabs. Check that the correct
settings are set for ALL these tabs.

I found that Mandrake had higher security than I was used to in Fedora Core
and some of these settings would not allow me to run certain programs. After
adjusting these settings, I could run all my programs. I felt good about
Mandrake's security. Much better than any other distro I had used.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Ian MacGregor

--