I have a 9 GB hard drive and installed almost everything in Mandrake 10.0 and
am still only using half of my partition. That should give you an idea of how
much HD space to dedicate to a Linux partition. It will really depend on how
much you will fill up with personal files. I don't know much about WindowsXP,
but, I just accepted the default partitioning that MK 10.0 offered and am
very happy. I have Red Hat Fedora Core 1 and Mandrake 10.0 in a dual boot
setup.

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 7:56 pm, Laura Callier wrote:
> This is advice I'll certainly use.  I just started to work with 10.0.  I
> may want to partition my compter, and run xp and mandrake.  I suppose I
> could get Knoppix...also, from what you say, I could  use any other distro
> to set up a partition.  I think I have a xandros and a fedora disc.
>
> I do have a question about partitioning.  If I decide to dual boot with xp
> and mandrake, is there a particular size of partition that I should manke
> for mandrake, or should I just follow the recommended partition of the
> other linux distro I'll be using for the partitioning?
>
> Laura

MacGregor Despite Them!