1. My Mandrake 10.0 Community installed without one single problem and it
correctly recognised all my hardware - guess I was one of the lucky ones.

2. Is there any way to disable "supermount"? If so, how and where?

Thank you, y'all are great! Maybe I need to join a LUG or something.

--
Registered Linux User #350412