On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:49, Marc wrote:
>   It seems that in order to run win4lin I will have to install a win4lin
> enabled kernel. I found   kernel-win4lin-i686-up-4GB-2.6.3.7mdk-3-8mdk RPM
> for i586 at mandrake cooker. If I run this rpm what will happen? Will my
> existing kernel be replaced or will the new kernel be added. Will I be able
> to boot from eather kernel?  The discription of the
> kernel-win4lin-i686-up-4GB-2.6.3.7mdk-3-8mdk RPM for i586 says that it
> requires  kernel-i686-up-4GB-2.6.3.7mdk.  I am running ML 10.0 community
> download edition that first came out a month ago. I am running kernel
> 2.6.3-4mdk  if I update to the new 10.0 final that just came out will it have
> the i686-up-4GB-2.6.3.7mdk kernel allready installed?
>
>     Sorry for asking so many questions in 1 message but upgrading kernels
> scares the hell outta me.
>
>     TIA
>     Marc

It SHOULD just put another kernel in the /boot dir and add itself to
your lilo menu...(did it under 9.1 before and that's what it did)

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
I know the disposition of women: when you will, they won't; when you
won't, they set their hearts upon you of their own inclination. --
Publius Terentius Afer (Terence)