I have just reinstalled the down load version of 9.2 for the fourth time. In the previous installations all appeared well until I installed the security updates.

The initial installations  identified correctly my cd rom, floppy, hard disc,
etc.  Most gratifying was xD card reader was identified as "mt/windows" and
it worked. Opening sequence was "file/mnt/windows/dcim/100olymp/*.jpg"

But when I d/l and installed all of the suggested/listed security updates
utter ruin was the result.  The xD card reader icon requested a program to
read the device . I tried everything on the KDE menu  without success.

The floppy no longer responded. There was actually a lock attached to the
icon.

The Kmai  was missing from the mail menu.
Kppp was also missing from the "Network/ Remote Access " menu.

I did searches for "100olymp" and "dcim" . Nothing was found, as though the
two file/directories were removed from the system.

Security updates somehow made my system so secure I could no longer use it.
Please, what can I do?   I want to keep my system current with the necessary
updates.
                 Owen