my /etc/fstab is this and i added hda=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi to my
lilo.conf and ran lilo.  the cdrecord -v -dao dev=0,0,0
driveopts=burnfree /home/sandals/backup.iso

resulted in the same error output -- wanting to write TAO when i tell it
DAO.  plus still getting these warnings:
> cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
> > page.
> > cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
> > page.
> > cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
> > page.

my new fstab:

/dev/hdc1 / reiserfs notail 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hdc6 /home reiserfs notail 1 2
none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0
0
/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom2 auto
umask=0,user,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,ro,exec 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hdd5 /mnt/win_c2 ntfs umask=0,nls=iso8859-1,ro 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hdc5 swap swap defaults 0 0

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 21:32, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the first part of this tutorial and got my writer and
reader
> recognized fine:
>
> http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/k3b.html
>
> What I mean is that you should not have ATAPI but have your CD drives
look
> like scsi that works much better as it seems (no more hang up in
xcdroast,
> better performance, etc)
>
> For the rest I am like you....
> I tried to master an image indicating the size of the media, but the
program
> complains that the image will not be iso9660 compliant (I thought dvd
were
> udf?).
>

> btw have you looked at this page :
> http://www.xcdroast.org/manual/dvd.html
>
> Good luck!
> Marc
> Le 18 Avril 2004 19:08, mdk n00b a écrit :
> > cdrecord -dao -v dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 /home/sandals/backup.iso
> > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2004