I installed Mandrake 10.0 Official Edition, on a PII 450Mhz., yesterday, and,
I must say, it's great - so far. Only one little annoyance:
I have my file associations tweaked just the way I want them, and I realise
that I want/need to install some software from the CD's using rpmdrake. When
I am finished installing, I realise that my file associations have been
altered. This happens every time I install somethng from the CD's.
So, three questions:

1. Why does this happen?
2. How can I prevent it? If I can't,  is there a config file somewhere that I
can copy (before install) and restore (after install) to get my file
association back without having to use the control centre?
3. Am I the only one experiencing this little annoyance?

 If there were a file containing the file associations/settings, I suppose I
could create a bash script to restore my file associations after I install
anything - this would be much easier. I found that I like bash scripts -
after creating one that will back-up all my personal file in a matter of
seconds.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Ian MacGregor
--