"Morrell, Mike" wrote:

> How do I keep my modem connection to my ISP alive when the computer is idle?

Most ISP's put a limit as to how long your connection can remain live without
any activity.  They monitor your connection and when they get real busy and use
all their incoming lines up they look for the one with the longest idle time at
that point and you're gone.  It's probably in your contract with them
somewhere.  Most ISP's (especially smaller ISP's with few incoming lines) need
to do this to prevent a few inconsiderate individuals from using all the
available lines and give all their customers an equal opportunity to surf.  This
is also why they have commercial accounts.

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support