On Saturday 24 April 2004 02:17 pm, Sentinel SME wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I'm looking for something that will do "Seti" on my Mandrake 10
> installation.
>
> I've not had problems with the Windows one and as far as I can see the
> Linux ones are all command line installed?
>
> The installation of Mandrake is only a week old and I'm just getting around
> it, just, and thus am very much a newbie :)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ltwt
For a front end use Ksetiwatch and for the program download from the
Setiathome site the i686-pc-linux-gnu tar file. Open a console and at the
prompt type:
1.    tar -xvf setiathome-3.08.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar hit enter and it will
untar the package.
2.   Then from the command prompt type:   cd setiathome* and hit enter. It
will change to that directory.
3.   At the prompt type: ./setiathome and it will start the download of your
first set.
If you did this without being root it will set the program in
your /home/Documents or some place similar and you can then invoke ksetiwatch
and set it at that folder for the executable of the setiathome prog.  I am
not really to good with these explanations so come back if you have any
questions.

--
Dennis M. Linux user #180842