Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 12:09, Marv Boyes wrote:

My only gripe is that I can't figure out how to make a particular window "always on top"-- it's the one feature of KDE I really miss. Xfce's panel will do it; does anybody know if there's a way to make a window do it, as well?

RIGHT-CLICK on the title bar, choose STICK

Naw, all that does is slap the window up across all of my workspaces. What I meant was, is there any way to have one particular window always on top, no matter which window I'm working in? For example: under KDE, I could have, say, a terminal window open and set it to "Always on top", then type something in another window while reading output from the terminal window, which would never be covered by another window (think Xfce's panel layer set to "Top").

It's not a deal-breaker as far as Xfce4 is concerned, but it was one workspace management feature of KDE that I really liked.

Thanks,
Marv

Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's leisure time to [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/
The best way to accelerate a Windows box is at 9.8 meters per second per second.