Stephen,

Did as you suggested, and still no joy!

I select windows at the lilo screen, and it just hangs there now........ have
to use the reset switch to get it back again.

I have pasted my lilo.conf file contents below. Doubtless to say, I'm doing
something wrong here... but what?? :-)

Feel free to have a look, and make any mods as you see fot, if you think it
would help me!

JRH

# File generated by DrakX/drakboot
# WARNING: do not forget to run lilo after modifying this file

boot=/dev/hda
default="linux"
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
disk=/dev/hdd bios=0x81
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5"
        read-only
other=/dev/fd0
        label="floppy"
        unsafe
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="failsafe"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="failsafe acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 devfs=nomount"
        read-only
image=/dev/hdd
        label="windows"
        root=/dev/hdd

--
  Sent using Kmail, on Mandrake Linux 10 Community
  "Exposing Microsoft products directly to the internet, is a bit like