On May 11, 2004 15:54, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 23:33, JoeHill wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 May 2004 10:35:45 -0600
> >
> > Ron Hunter-Duvar disseminated the following:
> > > Does this mean I'm out of luck, that there's just no way to make this
> > > game work? I understand the problem with vendors that won't release
> > > driver source. But what good is a graphics technology that excludes the
> > > number 1 graphics card manufacturer?
> >
> > Unless I'm completely misreading your post, can't you just download the
> > Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site and install those?
>
> No, he can't because it isn't actually a nvidia product...it's
> *****,Thompson IIRC and just uses their (nvidia) chips. It works fine using
> the nv driver and 2D..........and that's it! No 3D etc.
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

Yeah, MCC hardware detection lists the vendor as NVidia / SGS Thomson.
XF86Config-4 says I'm using the nv driver. This is what Mandrake install set
up, I haven't tried any different drivers.

I saw another email about someone whose card didn't work with the nv driver,
and someone recommended the nvidia driver instead. But it seems that my card
is too ancient to be supported by their "unified driver architecture". I
didn't see anything suggesting that the nvidia driver supports DRI either.

So I guess I'm out of luck?

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.