----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Tv tuner card help needed

> On Sunday 09 May 2004 02:00 pm, eric jackson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just bought a WINTV USB. I bought it because I was sure that I read
here
> > that some people had gotten this to work in Mandrake.
> >
> > One program I tried with said it couldn't open /dev/video1. Another
program
> > I tried asked "Are drivers loaded?"
> >
> > Can anybody help me to get this thing working, please?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Eric Jackson
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Try going into Mandrake Control Center>Hardware>tvcard and check the
> configuration. you may have to select the set up such as "us-cable" or
> "us-broadcast" and let it find the stations. It should then work. HTH
> --
> Dennis M. Linux user #180842

Hi,

Okay. I do see the TV card in MCC. I just can't get it to work.

This is the error message I get from motv. I have tried TVtime. KwinTV and
maybe some others but I always get errors.

This is motv-3.91, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.3-7mdk)
Warning: Actions not found: Remote
can't open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
no video grabber device available

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Eric Jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]