On a 9.1 box running highest level security with Apache 1.3. I'm trying
to access the ~/username directory but keep getting 403 forbidden error.

~/public_html is readable by all
~/public_html/index.html is readable by all

In /etc/httpd/conf/commonhttpd.conf I have:

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options MultiViews -Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    <IfModule mod_access.c>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </IfModule>
</Directory>

which seems to be pretty standard. I don't see anything in the apache
logs other than the 403 errors. Anybody know what's up with that?

Todd

--
Let us be utopian for a moment so that when we get realistic again it
is not that "realism" so useful to the Establishment in discouraging