On May 10, 2004, at 16:18, robin wrote:

JoeHill wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:27:00 -0500
Avi Schwartz disseminated the following:
'According to Stacey Quandt, principal analyst of Quandt, 'RBC probably went
into the deal as an investment, and now they appear to have lost confidence in
SCO's ability to win its case, so they've decided to cut their losses.'"'

Link:

If the Canadians have such superior intelligence, then why did the RBC get into bed with SCO to begin with?
Well, it *is* a bank...you can't expect too much ;-)

And SCO aka Caldera used to be a perfectly respectable 'nix company.

Wasn't the RBC investment part of the $50M SCO received from BayStar on Oct 16, 2003, 7 months into the SCO lawsuit? I bet they thought, just like BayStar, that SCO will be able to extort billions of dollars from IBM and Linux licensees, which makes them no better then SCO and BayStar. Just a bunch of greedy bankers.

BTW, don't get me wrong, I like Canada (both English and French speaking parts) and Canadians (ditto). I just don't like SCO investors :-)

Avi