On Wednesday 28 Apr 2004 04:22, Rory wrote:
> When I browse software install packs in rpmdrake, if I select packages to
> download, the "install" button remains greyed out. I'm specifically trying
> to install packages from contribu and plf.  I can install via urpmi in
> terminal, but not rpmdrake, where it's handier to read info about each pack
> and then select multiple ones to donwload at once.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Rory

If you select
Menu>System>System>Configuration>Packaging>Browse packages

then you are running rpmdrake as a normal user in browse only mode and the
Install button will be greyed out as you describe.

Menu>System>System>Configuration>Packaging>Install   should prompt you for
root password, and then you should be able to install packages.

If for some reason you are not being prompted for root password, try running
kdesu rpmdrake   from a terminal or by hitting Alt+F2

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org