-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Avi Schwartz
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 4:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Should I build the NVIDIA module myself?

Hi,

While Mandrake is releasing all these new kernels in order to fix
security issues I noticed that they are in no hurry to release the
matching NVIDIA modules.  This leaves me in a bind.  Either I wait
until Mandrake releases the NVIDIA modules (who knows when) and
continue running the current kernel version (which I assume is not a
good idea from security perspective) or I install the new version of
the kernel and download the NVIDIA code and build it for the new
kernel.  What is the opinion of this group?

If I do decide to build the module myself, should I remove the current
NVIDIA_kernel-xxxxxx package first? I assume I don't since the module
is installed in the proper kernel module tree.  What about NVIDIA_GLX?

BTW, it would be nice if Mandrake would release the NVIDIA modules
together with the new kernels, don't you think?  They probably have now
some users swearing at Mandrake because their X environment stopped
working after updating the kernel...

Thanks,
Avi

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message, and any associated attachment is confidential.  If you have recieved
it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information
in any way, and notify either the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately.
The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not necessarily
the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless specifically stated.  Whilst every
effort has been made to ensure that emails and their attachments are virus free, it is
the responsibility of the recipient(s) to verify the integrity of such emails.
Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street
Stockport