Marc wrote:
I am trying to bring a old machine back from the dead and so far it has been a 100% success with the execption of the sound. I am using a old Sony ASUS MOBO with intergrated sound, 810 intel chipset AC'97 with the snd-intel8x0 driver. The sound is very distorted and also sounds like it is playing at about 1/4 speed. Doe's anybody have any ideas how to fix this or am I better off just pluging in a soundblaster card.

I'm using the same Intel 810 chipset without problems. Could distorted sound be caused by too high volume? What application are you using to play sound? What files are you playing?

You are not giving many details, I'll just throw some info here:
lsmod on my system gives
i810_audio             25692   0
ac97_codec             15828   0  [i810_audio]
soundcore               6340   0  [i810_audio]

/etc/modules.conf contains:
alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio

bye,

raffaele