Le April 30, 2004 10:00 am, vous avez écrit :
> On Friday 30 April 2004 01:56 am, Marc Lijour wrote:
> > My synaptics touchpad does not work anymore in Mandrake10.0.
> > The problem comes early: no sign of it with dmesg and in /proc.
> >
> > What can I do to have the kernel pick it up (it was working in 9.2).
>
> Install the synaptics package from contrib and follow instructions in the
> readme file.

I forgot to mention the module is already here:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] marc]$ rpm -q synaptics
synaptics-0.12.4-1mdk

The readme is dealing with ALPS touchpads. I have a DELL inspiron 2500 and I
have no idea if it is ALPS or not, at least there is no mention of that on
the descriptions of my computer parts in the DELL user guide.

I assume the Kernel is configured adequatly to handle PS2 and evdev as
required in the INSTALL file.

I can load evdev before starting up X.
The module for synaptics is also here (see logs). But no repeater is found?