On Sunday 02 May 2004 6:47 am, David E. Fox wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2004 14:15:23 -0400
>
> JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Solidarnosc!
> >
> > (wife's Polish...)
>
> Gesundheit. :)
>
> Happy May Day to you as well. Here in Northern California there was a
> report of a "gathering" of "Christians" going about their daily
> defense of marriage protest, something about May Day for Marriage or
> something. I heard it over KGO this afternoon. I thought it pretty
> funny; what are these "christians" doing, usurping a holiday that for
> most of recent history, has always been associated with Communism?

Because they are remembering their pagan roots, when everyone went off
and bonked in the woods on May Day (AKA Beltain.) Tradition had it that
children conceived in or out of wedlock at Beltain were holy and
nothing to be ashamed about.

Hooray, Hooray! It's the First of May! Outdoor sex begins today!

--
Richard Urwin