On Tuesday 04 May 2004 04:04 am, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > 1) I run Mandrake 10.0 . I open konquerer and go to /etc/modules.conf ,
> > right click , open with , KWrite but I can not save the changes. How can
> > I run (edit) it without re-log on as root.??
>
> If you are running 10.0 with the 2.6 kernel then the file you need to edit
> is modprobe.conf
> modules.conf is used by the 2.4 kernel

Be careful with this.  Since 10.0 supports both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, it is
setup to regenerate the modprobe.conf file from the modules.conf file, so you
really should edit the modules.conf and then run
the /sbin/generate-modprobe.conf script.  If you just edit modprobe.conf
striaght away, the next time you install a kernel, or a differnet rpm that
calls /sbin/generate-modprobe.conf, you will lose your changes.
--
/g