On Wednesday 05 May 2004 00:42, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 04:12 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > I tried copying /etc/shadow to /var/spool/postfix/etc with perms 644
> > without success.
>
> I have seen others talk about how complex getting that to work is, not to
> mention the security issues.  I never tried because of those.
>
> > How do you configure /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd  to work with sasldb ?
> > If I set SASL_AUTHMECH= sasldb  I get
>
> No, under sasl2, which is what Mandrake10 uses, use use auxprop.  Sasl is
> salsdb.
>
> > # service saslauthd start
> > Starting saslauthdsaslauthd[13725] :set_auth_mech   : unknown
> > authentication mechanism: sasldb
> >
> > (libsasl2-plug-sasldb is installed.)
> >
> > And where does the sasl database go?
>
> Once created it goes into /var/spool/postfix/var/lib/sasl2  with
> postfix:postfix as owner.

OK I got it working with sasldb. The problem is all to do with postfix running
in a chroot sandbox.  For the archives this is what I had to do :-

In /etc/postfix/main.cf
smtpd_sasl_path = /var/lib/sasl2:/usr/lib/sasl2
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
check_relay_domains

create sasldb database with the command
saslpasswd2 -c -u jennings.homelinux.net -a smtpauth derek

The database will be created in /etc/sasl.db  copy that
to /var/spool/postfix/var/lib/sasl2/sasl.db

Create the file /var/spool/postfix/var/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf containing the
text
pwcheck_method: auxprop

Create a symlink between /usr/lib/sasl2 and /var/spool/postfix/usr/lib/sasl2
ln -s /usr/lib/sasl2 /var/spool/postfix/usr/lib/sasl2

Thanks

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net