From: "Marc Lijour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Le May 8, 2004 06:50 pm, Asa Rossoff a écrit :
> > From: "Marc Lijour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> > > I realized when projecting the display on screen with a video
projector
> > that
> > > the image is blurry compared to the one produced with windows.
> > > Of course I immediately tried to configure the focus on the projector
> > itself
> > > but that does not work. The screen is hardly readable from more than 2
> > meters
> > > against 6+ with windows.
> > >
> > > Have you an idea about what can be the cause of this?
> >
> > This is just a guess, could it be the resolution you are using?  video
> > projection is fairly low resolution, I think.  Are the results the same
if
> > you try your Windows resolution?  Do you have instructions or a web site
> > for the projecter that you could check for suggestions?
>
> I try that.
> The projector is attached to the video card output port.
> Then the signal goes through and come back to my monitor by an output port
in
> the projector, a little like my answering machine.
>
> Now, the display on the monitor looks fine. However it is blurry on
screen.
> I use 24 bits 800x600, like with windoes.
>
> Do you think it could be the projector?

It sounds like it's some limitation of the projecter having to do with some
aspect of the video signal.  If the resolution and color depth are the same,
then it is probably the horizontal sync rate or the vertical sync rate.  You
could customize a video mode in X by running "xvidtune" as root to try
adjusting the sync rates.  The easiest way to check what sync rates are used
in your Windows and Linux 800x600 modes, if you don't already know, is on
your monitor -- most monnitors have a button or option to show the current
video mode, including sync rates.

Asa

BTW - I just noticed that your posts to the list have a "Reply-To" address
set in them -- this prevents replies to your posts from goign to the mailing
list...