On Sun, 9 May 2004 00:30:56 +0200
H.J.Bathoorn disseminated the following:

> > WMI is minimalistic: it has no build- or runtime dependencies except the
> > C++ Standard Template Library (STL) and the X11 Library (XLib).
>
> Allright...you try that with no gtk+ libs or a few gnome/bonobo ones to boot
> and I betcha the whole wm will not run.

Well, the WM would run, but you would still need the basics for running any GTK
app, Sylpheed, Firefox, you name it. I think this WM, though, is aimed at people
who spend most of their time at the CLI, coding, mail, the works.

> My problem with the big wm's like kde and gnome is that they guzzle RAM after
> that I'm pissed off at having to install all those libraries just to run a
> simple program.

I'm with ya there, no doubt.

> Actually I'm saying: No cleaner WM than the commandline (and dialog
> ofcourse;))

I dunno, there's a certain satisfaction in manipulating and creating using the
mouse, I find it especially useful for navigating workspaces, grouped windows,
raising and lowering windows, all with the wheel, no clicky. And the ease of
'drag and drop' for doing things like creating CD's and the like, you can't deny
that.

> > WMI is highly customizable: it is designed with keyboard users in mind.
> > Each action (e.g. resizing the frame, creating a new workspace, launching
> > an app, note that WMI provides hundreds of actions) can be bind to a
> > shortcut. So say good-bye to the rodent :)"
>
>  Whadya think use "cat" for? ;)

LOL!

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
Kernel 2.4.22-21.tmb.1mdk Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586