On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:06:51 -0400
Marc Lijour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My school board is investigating a Citrix + thin-client solution.
> Administrative desktop are XP and students win98. They are considering
> Linux

Citrix is available for Linux. I was looking at it for testing purposes
in a previous job at Siemens / Entex in San Jose. I've used their
Windows front-end to Oracle, and also some related query tools,
spreadsheets and the like. We called it Open Uptime, and the database
was geared towards order management, inventory (the areas I was
responsible for) and customer service/escalation issues.