On May 4, 2004 03:33, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Here's what Tom Brinkman wrote about this some time ago.
> <quote>
> Not only that, there's quite a difference burning CD under
> 2.6.x kernels.  ide-scsi is no longer used for IDE CD drives,
> no /dev/scd*'s are used either. Not even created by devfs. This
> seems to be causing a lot of confusion for GUI users.
> </quote>

This quote is rather odd, given that under a vanilla Mandrake 10.0 Official
install (no updates), which uses the 2.6.3-7 kernel, my USB CD burner
is /dev/scd0, which is a link to scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd. This seems
to contradict the above quote. I'm definitely confused.

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.