Marco Verheul wrote:

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 23:34, Todd Slater wrote:

Anybody running Gnome 2.6? I tried it out on a livecd, gnoppix, and was
greatly impressed by it--great ui, everything was where I expected it,
great options for mime-types and such, the file manager was actually
rather fast. The whole thing was fast, and that running off a cd.

Todd

Didn't try it yet, but I checked out their site a while ago and it looks very promising. It seems though that upgrading to 2.6 is quite an adventure, isn't it?

I had no problems doing it with the rpms from http://wwwra.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/Mandrake/GNOME2.6/RPMS/
but somehow you need to have access to the contrib rpms as well

Erik