Since installing 10.0 Community, I've occasionally gotten messages from
xlib saying that the glx extension is missing on display 0:0.

Looking for this, I find in /etc/X11 the main configuration file for
Xfree86, and furthermore, in the "Modules" option, a number of "load"
statements, which did not include a "glx" option. I went in and edited
the configuration file, saved, and restarted KDE. When bringing it up,
it still emits the error message on some applications. I can get by
without it, but it's kind of unnerving, and one package in particular
seems to just freeze (celestia), consuming most of the available CPU,
with much of its window unpainted.

Attached is my current configuration file. I will of course compare it
with the previous Cooker install, which did not complain that this thing
was missing. I'm running a Matrox Millenium II.