From: Bill W.
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 7:09 PM
Subject: [newbie] mp3 time display

Hi,
I don't know if this is appropriate here, but responses will tell.
I have some long (over an hour) mp3 files that will not display total time or time elapsed while playing in my portable. Is there an app that will allow me to fix this? Most, if not all of my mp3's have that information.
I have tried 'resaving' the file with audacity but it still doesn't display the information.
Can anyone tell me where this info is stored and how to encode / extract it?

Thanks in advance,
Bill W.