David Robertson wrote:
Just as an aside, we shouldn't be too complacent about viruses and worms. I get my fair share of them and, being an inveterate fiddler, I sometimes run the *exe variety through wine to see what happens. Why, you might ask: I have no idea! Anyway, recently I had one arrive by email, and on running it just by double clicking, it proceeded to deposit about 90 files into every directory (including hidden ones) below my home directory. They had very entertaining names as well, usually relating to Britney Spear's reproductive abilities!

No harm actually done, but a real nuisance and a lot of disk space taken up. It was a real pain deleting them all.

It's a good idea to have a special "sandbox" user for times that you feel like flirting with the Dark Side.

Sir Robin of the Mixed Metaphors

--
"Don't be lucid and ironic; people will turn this against you to show that you aren't a nice person."
- Albert Camus

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi