On Saturday 22 May 2004 10:54 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Saturday 22 May 2004 16:30, JoeHill wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:20:59 +0200
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich disseminated the following:
> > >
> > > Sure, but if someone feels an obligation to pay a little dough,
> > > I suggest a donation to the Free Software Foundation :
> > >
> > > http://member.fsf.org/
> > >
> > > Makes one sleep better, laugh louder and cry less.
> >
> > I bought a Silver Club membership, does that count?
>
> Absolutely, Joe.
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

Joe, when did you buy that membership? durring the first part of May? Can you
check the account the funds were drawn on? Mandrake had a fsck from NATEXIS
BANQUE POPULAIRES (who handles the visa payment to North America) where the
account was over debited 100x (oops,,, what decimel point?), so that silver
membership might have wiped out your reserve.

Good for you tho, a silver membership does help Mandrakesoft as much as almost
anything you can do, and it is worth it in discounts too, if you consider the
early ISOs, and stuff like the AMD64 ISOs.

well this is what was posted to the club, about the problem I mentioned.
"1. Natexis, our payment platform provider, is responsible for the software
bug that essentially multiplied the amount due by 100 for some orders.
2. The bug is fixed now and the platform is once again safe and operational
since Monday May 17.
3. To our knowledge, this bug affected about 250 customers who paid by Visa
card essentially in North America during the month of May 2004.
4. At no point, was the wrongfully debited amount credited to Mandrakesoft, we
always received only the correct amount (which partly explains why it took us
some time to notice the problem).
5. Natexis gave us yesterday (Tuesday, May 18) a set of files from which we
have identified the affected customers. The information provided by Natexis
in those files is not of great quality (they were not able to provide us the
transaction number). So it is possible that some customers we believe
affected are not (which would be good) and that some customers we do not know
have been affected (which would be bad).
6. Natexis tells us that they have contacted Visa and your bank on Monday the
17th. They will credit the amount wrongfully debited from the customer
account, then will debit again the correct amount. This process should
happen ?within one or two days?.
7. We have sent an e-mail to all the customers we believe have been affected.
So if you had billing problems and did not receive an e-mail from us, please
write to us at [EMAIL PROTECTED], with information about your
order.
8. We apologize for the inconvenience suffered by our customers and will keep
working on this untill all problems are solved.

--
linux counter #167806