I am trying to get my ipod (original 5 gig first gen) to work with MDK 10.0 O.
I am ussing gtkpod 7.0
I am able to READ from the ipod, that is see the files and play them, but I am
not able to write to it.

When I try to synch gtkpod reports:
Could not open iTunesDB "/mnt/ipod/iPod_Control/iTunes/iTunesDB" for writing.

I have an inkiling that the the file /usr/fstab
might have something to do with my problem (just a guess).
I include the text of the file below, in case that is helpfull.

I also tried changing combinations of the user and group of the whole
directory recursively using chown, chgrp, and chmod.
I couldnt get this to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Gideon

/dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda5 /fat32 vfat umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hda9 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/hdc,fs=udf:iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto defaults 0 0
/dev/sda2 /mnt/ipod vfat defaults 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 /usr ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0