I saw this in Mandrake Club forum today
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Splatt_Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=24377&forum=11

It is a script to automatically configure a Mandrake 10.0 installation  and
does the following functions.

"Removes all RPM sources
Sets RPM sources for Community or Official
Installs libfreetype with bytecode interpreter enabled (plf) (it is not
patented in Slovenia)
Installs mscorefonts from a legal source
Installs a nice KDE theme called MPN
Installs Flash plugin
Preloads OpenOffice.org when KDE starts
Installs libraries for DVD
Installs Real player alpha version
Updates RPM sources
Installs updates
Installs kernel with latest security updates
Installs latest versions of installed packages"

It could be useful if someone has just done a new installation.

Looking at the script it tests to find the fastest update mirror, so hopefully
it will pick a better mirror than most newbies do by guesswork.

I have not tried it myself as all my machines are fully configured.

If anyone tries it plz let the author know if it worked.

BTW: To save typing that long command, highlight text in your browser to copy,
press mouse wheel to paste.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net