From: Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mandrake Newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] application on internet explorer
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 06:22:06 +1000

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 06:13, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

> Stephen Kuhn wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 05:21, di di wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am trying to sell an application that runs on Internet Information Server
> >>of Microsoft.
> >>
> >>My problem is that this forces me to show it under Internet Explorer on my
> >>notebook and I am using MDK 10 official in it!.....I have heard of wine or
> >>winex....but I am not an experienced user of linux yet to make it work.....
> >>
> >>Other alternative is to install XP an share the disk with mandrake, but I
> >>really wanted to go for a real solution.
> >>
> >>Thanks!
> >>

> >So you're saying that the application doesn't run on Mozilla, Netscape,
> >Galeon, Opera or Konqueror, right?
> >
> >stephen kuhn - owner
> >

> That's what it sounds like to me. I wonder if we can go to any
> Microsoft mailing lists and get help for Mandrake Linux. ;-)
>
> Yet another area where Linux is better.
>
> What is your question di di?
>
> - --
> Brant Fitzsimmons

Had to laugh at that one mate.
I'm surprised that anyone is going to try to force an application only
available through IE in the first place - I just didn't want to out and
out flame the dude over that fact; it does amaze me, however, that there
are so many folks that are bound and determined to create apps or
websites that are soley IE compatible; are they living in Bill's
pockets?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at
different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. --
Clive James

____________________________________________________ Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com ____________________________________________________

Las mejores tiendas, los precios mas bajos, entregas en todo el mundo, YupiMSN Compras: http://latam.msn.com/compras/